To view or apply for the position follow the link here.
Job Title: Lab Technician
Starting date: June 2019
– Initially work with current research teams to learn procedures, material characteristics, and research techniques.
– Complete daily testing for various projects under the guidance of Senior Lab Manager.
– Upon completion of training period, manage testing. This involves estimating a timeline for testing, conducting tests (or directing undergraduate workers to do tests), checking the validity of results, and reporting results.
-Training of new undergraduate workers, graduate students, and PhD candidates.
– Monitoring graduate level and undergraduate level projects to ensure proper procedures are followed and instruments are used correctly.
– Developing and adhering to all quality control procedures for general lab testing.
– Maintaining/calibrating equipment
– Ensuring lab safety procedures are followed by all personnel
Qualifications: Bachelor of Science or equivalent years of experience in pavement materials testing environment.