To view or apply for the position follow the link HERE.
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Starting date: June 2019
- Initially work with current research teams to learn procedures, material characteristics, and research techniques.
- Complete daily testing for various projects under the guidance of Senior Lab Manager.
- Upon completion of training period, manage research projects independently. This involves working with sponsor to determine timeline for testing, pricing (you’ll be given a pricing spreadsheet), conducting tests (or directing undergraduate workers to do tests), checking the validity of results, and reporting results.
- Training of new undergraduate workers, graduate students, and PhD candidates.
- Overseeing graduate level and undergraduate level projects to ensure proper procedures are followed and instruments are used correctly.
- Developing and adhering to all quality control procedures for general lab testing.
- Maintaining/calibrating equipment
- Ensuring lab safety procedures are followed by all personnel
- Two Years of Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering or Chemical Engineering (or Equivalent).